In my general psychology practice since 1996, I have provided confidential counseling, psychotherapy, and consulting services for individuals, couples, and family members, with an age range of older adolescence to older adulthood.
My style is collaborative and respectful, starting with a very thorough assessment. I use a variety of approaches (Relational, EMDR, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, experiential, and psychodynamic) to identify problems, solutions, and actions needed to assist my clients.
I also have provided workshops and consultation for other psychotherapists, organizations, and the community on topics such as parenting, multicultural sensitivity, and assessment.
- My specialties include:
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Couples counseling
- Relationship issues
- Communication skills
- Life changes
- Childhood and Dysfunctional Family issues
- Healing from Abuse/Violence
- Multicultural counseling
- Attachment Practices in Parenting
- Recovery from Traumatic Events (e.g. accidents, losses, or other disturbing experiences)
- College student development
- Societal ills and mental health (e.g. racism, sexism, homophobia, consumerism, etc.)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
And other general mental health issues – please inquire.